I am almost finished with the book, which will have Down to Earth as its title. I am going to make a French version as well, the title of which will be Vers de Terre.
The book contains 90 poems about food and farming. As a strong believer in the benefits of using both brain hemispheres, I composed poems that range to more “classic” themes to themes dealing with new technologies in food and agriculture. There is something for everyone in these poems.
I divided the content into six sections (click here to see the table of contents):
- Fields: poems about plants and agriculture
- Pastorale: poems about animals and animal husbandry
- Characters: poems about people from food and agriculture
- Edibles: poems about food
- Destinations: poems about countries and their foods
- Gravitas: poems about serious subjects
I also mixed many poem formats:
- Sonnet, because of its elegance and structure
- Haiku, for its powerful and concise impact
- Villanelle, because it is so musical and light
- Limerick, just to try to be funny
- Rondeau, for classicism
- Cinquain, for modernity and concision
- Free style, to let my mind wander without the rigidity of predetermined format, which I did mostly in rhymes but sometimes without rhymes but for a feel of rhythm and visual or sensory impressions
Next to the simple pleasure of poetry, I wrote these poems in a way that can be conducive to read and discuss them with an educational function in mind.
Copyright 2020 – Christophe Pelletier – The Happy Future Group Consulting Ltd.